Friday, January 20, 2017

Hello!

My name is Brooke and I am starting this blog to share my thoughts and feelings about the books that I have read.  I prefer to read young adult books so most of the books will be young adult.

The first post I want to make will be my Top 10 books of 2016, I am not ranking them however the number one book was my favorite of the year.

1.  The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh

I loved this book! I read it at the beginning of the year and it stuck with me the whole year.  At first it was kinda hard to get into because all the names were not familiar but once I figured it out I love it.  I loved the story and I loved her writing.

2.  Maus I & Maus II by Art Spiegelman

These two books were great historical graphic novels.  They are about a man, the father of the author, who survived the holocaust.  Very difficult to read at times because what he had to endure was so awful but definitely a great read. 

3.  Sirens by Kiera Cass

I love Kiera Cass.  Her writing is just so fun to read and I love her stories.  I will read anything that she writes. 

4.  The Crown by Kiera Cass

As I said I love Kiera Cass and will read anything that she writes.  This is the last book in the Selection Series which is one of my favorite series of all time.

5.  Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas

I have read the first 4 books in this series and this is by far my favorite.  I love how badass Celaena and I love the aspect of magic and fire added in this book.  I loved the friendship between Celaena and Rowan (that is why I liked this book more than Queen of Shadows).  As I am reading these books I walk around the house either mimicking Celaena with her swords or fire because I love how bagass she is.

6.  Soundless by Richelle Mead

I have not seen this book on many favorite lists but I really liked this book.  When I heard that all the people were deaf and that one day the main character wakes up and she can hear I was expecting it to be all butterflies and flowers and she would right away understand what people said to her and be able to talk but it was so I was pleasantly surprised!  The author did a wonderful job of portraying what it would be like to one day wake up and be able to hear for the first time in your life.  I also liked the Chinese mythology that was in it.

7.  Passenger by Alexander Braken

Loved this book!  I for one like time travel stories and I loved traveling to different countries in different times.  It make me want to read more historical fiction books.

8.  This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab

I loved this book.  I love dystopian books so this was right up my alley.  The idea that monsters are created by evil acts is very interesting.  I loved the character August and how he struggle with being good or evil.  Cant wait for the next book.

9.  Everland by Wendy Spinale

This is a steampunk, dystopian retelling of Peter Pan.  Such and awesome concept and I loved the book.  I was a very interesting retelling and I loved the steampunk aspects.

10.  What Light by Jay Asher

This was a very cute contemporary Christmas novel and I loved it!  I loved reading a Christmas book and it was a very cute story.  It has made me want to read more contemporary.



So that is my top 10 of 2016.  I am going ot put the link down below to my goodreads page of all the books I read in 2016.  I hope that it works.

https://www.goodreads.com/user/year_in_books/2016/36802839?utm_content=yyib_button&utm_medium=email&utm_source=yyib_2016_12


That's all for now.  Thanks for checking out my blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...