An Introduction to You and Your Blog
- What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
My Name is Brooke and I live in Florida in the US.
- Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
I have been a reader on and off throughout my life and my reading preferences have changed. I can remember loving to read when I was in middle school and in high school. In high school I was really into romance novels. During college I was not much into reading because I had so much reading to do for college. After college I once again got into reading romance novels and really enjoyed that for a while. Then I went through a stage again where I didn’t read much. When I got back into reading novels I really loved reading John Grisham novels and read all of his books for quite a while. Then I stopped reading again. After I adopted my daughter from China I got into reading again and was interested in books about China or Chinese history and books about adoption and books about international adoption. All trying to learn to be the best parent I could be to an internationally adopted daughter. Then I stopped reading again for a little while. I started reading again about 5 years ago and have been a pretty avid reader since then. I prefer to read young adult books. I prefer to read either dystopian or fantasy novels. I have also found that I really like reading graphic novels. I listen to audiobooks and read the actual books.
- How did you get involved in the online book community?
About 2 years ago I found the booktube community on YouTube. I have very much enjoyed watching those videos and have gotten lots of good reading recommendations from it. I don’t like seeing pictures or videos of myself so I don’t want to make a YouTube channels so that is why I am doing a blog instead.
- How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc.)? How did you come up with your blog name?
I answered part of this question above. My blog name is not creative at all; it is just my name and what the blog is about.
- What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
I love the sharing of the books that we love or didn’t love and getting good book recommendations.
- What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
I only started this blog about a month ago so I am not exactly sure what I want to do. I will defiantly do monthly wrap-ups and yearly favorites. I love book tags so I would like to do some of them. I also want to join the Top Five Wednesday #T5W goodreads group.
- What book genres do you talk about most?
YA fantasy and dystopian
- Favorite food? Chocolate; Beverage? Peppermint Mocha
- Favorite color? pink
- Favorite things to do apart from reading? What booktube, Instagram and watch TV
- Favorite TV shows? At the moment: America’s Next Top Model, Face off and The Magicians. I also love watching all the shows on the Investigation Discovery channel.
- Favorite movies? Titanic, Ever After: A Cinderella Story and 50 First Dates
- Favorite musical artists? Don’t really have one but I like to listen to country music
- Favorite places to shop? Books-a-million and Barnes and Noble
- Favorite childhood books? The Little House on the Prairie series
- Favorite books read in the last five years? Omg hard to pick, the Harry Potter series, The Selection Series, the Twilight series, The Lunar Chronicles,
- Favorite genres? Fantasy and dystopian
- Underrated book, series or author you love? I can’t really say I have any, most of what I like everyone else likes too.
- A book you want to see made into a film or TV show?
The Selection Series
- Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family? My book boyfriend has to be Maxon Schreave. I would love to be a part of the Weasley family from the Harry Potter series. I think that would be such a fun family to be a part of.
- Books you want to read in 2017? Empire of Storms and then the last book in the series, A Court of Thorns and Roses (all by Sarah J Maas), Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, and Truth Witch by Susan Dennard. Those are just a few of course there are many more