Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Top 5 Wednesday
February 15, 2017
Favorite Non-Written Novels



  1. Gemina by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kauffman  -  I listened to this in audiobook form and read the book.  It was an amazing audiobook.  It has a full cast of characters telling the story.  Each character had a different person narrating them.  I also think this book may count also since it is in a different format than most books.  It is told through instant messages, diary entries, memos etc.  I also loved the first book, Illuminae, but I did not listen to it so I really cant coutn that one as my favorite audiobook.  I really enjoyed following along with them book as I listened to the audiobook.  I think both really add to the story.  I think not reading the book you would miss out on a lot but the added narration with different voices was aslo amazing.  so the last book I will also listen to and read that book at the same time.
  2. Saga by Brian K. Vaughan -  This is my favorite graphic novel. Both the story and the are work were amazing.
  3. Castle Waiting by Linda Medley -   I LOVED this graphic novel!  Unfortunately I do not see it much on booktube.  It is the story of a group of kinda misfits who end up living in this castle.  It tells all of their life stories.  I laughed out loud several times reading these books.  They are interesting and funny.  I really wish that more people would read them.
  4. Anya's Ghost by Vera Broscol - I also loved this graphic novel.  A lonely girl befriends a ghost and lots of shinanigans happy.  Not a good synopsis of the book but it is really good.
  5. Friends with Boys by Faith Erin Hicks -   I also love this graphic novel.  A girl who has been homeschooled her whole life is starting her freshman year in a public high school.  Her mother has left and she is in need of help and guidance that her 3 older brothers don't really do a good job of.  She also starts seeing a ghost again that she used to see when she was younger.  She meets some new friends in high school and they try to help her with helping the ghost.  After reading this book I realized  that I really like graphic novels with ghosts in them lol.
I hope you enjoyed this blogs post.  The #T5W was created by Lainey on Ginger Reads Lainey booktube channel and is now hosted by Samantha from Thought on Tomes booktube channel.  You can find the goodreads T5W group here https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/118368-top-5-wednesday

I will be joining the Love-a-thon book challenge this weekend.

Thanks for reading my blog,

See you soon,
Bro

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...