Friday, February 3, 2017

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

Hello everyone,

This was a popular book tag that was done on booktube about 2 years ago.  Since I don't want to make a youtube channel I am going to do some of the book tags here on blog.  I hope that you enjoy.  This tag was originated by The Book Archer and here is her youtube channel
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfgq8HgDc0


I really don't dislike many books so I will probably answer some of these with my least favorite books.  There are spoilers below so if you see a book you have not read and want to please move onto the next question.


1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

I started reading A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab last year and I just couldn't get into it.  I can't really say I didn't like it because I did not finish it, but honestly I will probably never finish a book I don't like,  There are too many other good books I could be reading.  I may pick this back up again someday.  I also read This Savage Song by the same author last year which was one of my favorite books of the year so it may be worth giving another change,  We will see.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

I really liked the Matched Trilogy by Allie Condie.  It was the first dystopian book that I read and it made me fall in love with that genre and it is now one of my favorite genres.  A lot of people seemed to either dislike Matched or they liked Matched and then hated the other 2 books but I loved all three of them.  I can also add here the  2nd and 3rd books in the Divergent Trilogy.  Most people didn't like the 2nd and especially the 3rd book but I really liked them.  What Tris did at the end just gave me all the feels.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 

Ok spoilers here.  In Matched I wanted Cassia to end up with Xander not Ky.  I have not read all of the Throne of Glass series, the last book I read was Queen of Shadows so things may have changed but I don't like Aelin with Rowan, I wanted them to just stay friends.

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

Well this used to be contemporary (might not actually be a genre but I will just go with it anyway) but recently I have been reading more contemporary books and I have really been enjoying them.  I guess I would have to say suspend/thriller type books.
 
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.'


I might get some hate for this but I didn't like Alice from Furthermore.  She just really irritated me.  This is the first middle grade I have read in a while and maybe this is how a typical middle grade child acts but she just really irritated me.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

I have not read any of the Shadow Hunter books.  Its not that I don't like Cassandra Claire, I don't know since I have never read any of her books.  I am so late getting into the game and there are so many books to read that I am just not ready to make that kind of commitment, too many other books I want to read.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

I don't have any books tropes I don't like or that I am tired of them.  I like them all.  Boring answer I know but it is the truth.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

This is easy.  50 Shades of Grey..... I don't need to read about bdsm.


9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

I preferred the Pretty Little Liars TV show to the books.  Maybe I am just too old or too out of touch but when I was reading the 1st books and the girls were only in middle school I did not believe that is how middle school girls behave..... plus I liked the way the actors looked better then the ones described in the books.

This is it.  I hope that you enjoyed.  If you wrote about this in a blog or did a youtube video about it I would love to see them so leave the links in the comments.  Or you can just agree or disagree with me in the comments.

See you again soon!

Brooke





No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...