Sunday, June 4, 2017

What I read in February, March, April and May 2017

Hello everyone,

It has been a while since I wrote a new post, life has just been really busy.  This is not going to be a wrap up it is just listing all the books I read and whether I liked them or not.

I read 3 books in February:

  • Orange: The Complete Collection Volume 1 by IchigoTakano:  I gave this manga 4 out of 5 stars - This was my first mango,  It took a little getting use to reading the book back to front and right to left but after the first few pages I got the hang of it.







  • Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken:  This is the second and final book in the Passenger duology.  I also gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, while I did not enjoy it as much as Passenger I did really like it.  I felt like it jumped around from place to place a little too quickly and I would like to have more time at each place.  I did really like the ending though.



  • Wires and Nerve, Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer and illustrations by Douglas Holgate:  This is a graphic novel by Marissa Meyer.  It is a continuation in the Lunar Chronicles. This is a story about Aiko and I really loved it.  I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.


I read 4 books in March:

  • Flawed #1 by Cecilia Ahern:  I really enjoyed reading a new dystopian novel.  I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars and I cant wait the read the next book.

  • Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson:  I really loved this book and gave it 5 out of 5 stars.  I am around the same age as the author so I remembered so many of the pop culture references that she mention in the book.



  • Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver:  I saw the movie preview and though it looked interesting so I wanted to read the book first.  I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, I enjoyed it but did not love every part of it.


  • Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire: I really enjoyed the book and story concept and gave it 4 out of 5 stars.



I read 3 books in April:

  • Caraval (Caraval #1) by Stephanie Garber:  I really love this book and gave it 5 out of 5 stars.



  • Saga Volume 7 by Brian K. Vaughan:  Love this graphic novel series, gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.



  • Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley:  5 out of 5 Stars loved this book definitely one of my favorite books of the year so far.





I read 6 books in May:
  • Orange: The Complete Collection, Volume 2 by IchigoTakano:  eh I really didn't like this one gave it 3 out of 5 stars.




  • Geekerella by Ashley Poston:  Loved loved loved this book. One of my all time favorite Cinderella retellings.  I gave it 5 out of 5 stars.


  • The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass Vol 0.1 - 0.5):  Trying to get caught up on this series, should have read this before Queen of Shadows but oh well.  Love it gave it 5 out of 5 stars I just love how badass yet caring Celaena is.


  • Prodigy: The Graphic Novel (Legend:  The Graphic Novel #2)  by Marie Lui, Adapted by Leigh Dragoon and illustrated by Kaari:  5 out of 5 stars


  • Where Tangents Meet by instantmiso:  5 out of 5 stars what a cute sweet graphic novel!



  • Champion: The Graphic Novel (The Legend Graphic Novel #3) by Marie Lui, adapted by Leigh Dragoon and illustrated by Kaari:  I was disappointed in this one, it didn't have the one that that I was really excited about see depicted in a graphic novel, gave this one 3 out of 5 stars




So that is it.  I am right on track for my Goodreads goal for 2017 so I am happy.  I will try to go better making blog posts.

Thanks for reading!

Brooke





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...