Monday, June 12, 2017

Epic Reads Book Tag


This tag is an oldie but a goody.  I know it is old but I have always thought it was fun so I want to do it.  Here is the link to the Epic Reads youtube page with this tag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdes8O-bHI0

There are 8 questions so here we go:


1) If you could invite one author and one of their fictional characters to tea, who would you invite and what would you serve them?

I'm gonna go old school and choose Laura Ingalls Wilder author of the "Little House" books.  I loved those books growing up.  The character I would like to invite is her Pa.  I have always wanted to hear him play his fiddle and we could all dance around drinking tea and eating cupcakes.

2) What book would you like a prequel for?

I would live a prequel for the Twilight Saga.  I would love to read about Carlisle and his life before he became a vampire and than after that when he was with the Volturi and then as he formed his vampire family.

3) Which two characters (not from the same book) do you think would make a good couple?

This is a really hard question for me.  All the characters fit so well in their book and their world and usually with the coupling they have in the book that I just cant think of any characters in different books that would be good together.  I just don't have enough imagination to do that.


4) If you ran into your favourite author on the train and could only say one sentence to them, who would it be and what would you say?

I  cant pick just one favorite author but I would love to meet JK Rowling.  I would ask her how did you come up with all the names in the Harry Potter series.  I love all of the character names, spell names and place names.  They are so awesome and inventive.


5) What book made you a reader and why?

I cant pick just one book that made me a reader.  I have gone through stages in my life were I read a lot and others when I did not.  The times when I did read a lot I would say it was a topic or genre that made me read more.  When I was younger I really like romance novels and read a lot of them.  I went through a stage of reading a lot of John Grisham books.  I went through a stage of reading about adoption and parenting and international adoption and about China.  More recently I have really been reading YA books.  I like reading dystopian and fantasy books right now.


6) Your book shelf just caught on fire! What book would you save and why?

This might sound kinda strange but most of my books can be replaced.  They are not special editions or autographed with a special message from the author.  But I do have one that is special and that I could not replace.  It is called Selected China Stories of Elder-Respecting.  On the first page is  says "Sincerely present this book to the parents who adopted abandoned children and orphans in China."  It consists of short passages written in Chinese symbols and then it gives the english translation.  It is a very special book and I got it because I feel like it is a way to honor the country or my child's birth.


7) What dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one and why?

The Selection by Kiera Cass.  It is not that messed up of a world and it has a prince and a princess (good ones with Maxon and America) what more do I need?

8) What is your most epic read of all time?

My most epic read of all time hmmm.........What book has influence my life more than any other book?  Wow this is really hard to answer.....I'm gonna pick a few  books/series that I think have influenced me over the years.  First I have to say the Little House seirs for when I was a child.  When I was a teenager I read Go Ask Alice it showed me the horrors of drug abuse and I knew it was something I never wanted to do.  Then I will skip ahead to when I read books on adoption and on China, I hoped that they helped me to be a better mother to my daughter.  The Twilight Saga got me interested in YA which is what I have been primarily been reading for the last few years.  And lastly I pick The Selection because it got me into reading dystopian which I really enjoy reading.


So that's it for this tag.  It was really fun to answer and I really had to think for a lot of the questions.  I  hope you enjoyed reading this tag as much as I enjoyed doing it,

Thanks for viewing my little space on the web!

Brooke💓


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...