Saturday, July 1, 2017

Mid Year Book Freak Out

Hello everyone!  Cant believe the year is half over, time really does fly.  I thought it would be fun to do this tag.  It has 15 questions about your reading year so far.  So here we go:  

Questions:

1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2017. 


I am going to pick two books for this question.  One is an actual book and the other is a graphic novel.  My favorite novel this year so far is Geekerella by Ashley Poston.  It was such a cute Cinderella retelling and I loved all the fandom in it.  My favorite graphic novel was Avatar: The Last Airbender -  The Search (The Search #1=3) by Gene Luen Yang, Micheal Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko and Gurihiru (illustrator).  I and so enjoying reading The Last Airbender graphic novels and this one was great!  It was awesome finding out about what happened to Zuko's mom and where she was.






2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2017.


I haven't read very many sequels this year, I finished this one on January 1st so I am gonna include it:  Gemina (The Illuminae Files#2) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristophe.  Love this series cant wait for the next book.


3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


There are so many....but here are 3:  Our Dark Duet (Monsters of Verity #2) by Victoria Schwab loved this 1st book and cant wait to get to this one.  There are just so many books I want to read!!  When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon this books sounds so but and I am interested to read about the characters  culture which is different than mine.  The last book is Perfect (Flawed #2) by Cecilia Ahern I enjoyed reading a dystopian book so I cannot wait to continue in this seres!




4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.


To be honest I have not kept up on what books are being released this year.  One book that I was looking forward to was the final book in the Throne of Glass series but now that it has been put back until next year I cant say it.  I am not looking forward to the book about Chaol that is being released later this year.  He is my least favorite character in the whole series and I am wondering if I even need to read this book.  I would like to skip it but if it is important to read it than I will.  If anyone knows the answer to that please respond in the comments I would really appreciate it.  So the only other new release I can think of is Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy edited by Ameriie.  This is an anthology of short stories written by popular YA authors who team up with Booktubers to re imagine fairy tales through the villains point of view.  I think that it sounds interesting and a fun read.
 

5. Biggest disappointment.


Champion: The Graphic Novel by Marie Lui,  One of my favorite parts of this book was when they went to Antarctica.  I was excited to see the numbers above every ones heads and they didn't have that so I was disappointed in this graphic novel.


6. Biggest surprise.


Geekerella by Ashley Poston, I was surprised at how much I loved this story it was just so cute and I loved the fandom aspect and the vidcon type place they went to, it was just  a fun novel to read.  It is not my 2nd favorite Cinderella story, the first being the Drew Barrymore movie Everafter.


7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)


Stephanie Garber, I really enjoyed her writing style while reading Caraval.
Also I am putting a shout out for a little know author, she is a good friend of my sister and her debut novel was really really good and more people need to read it.  It is Journey of the Sentinels by Jan Perry. It is not a young adult but it is a great book about nature, friendship and magic.


 

8. Newest fictional crush.
 Reid from The Upside of Unrequited Love by Becky Albertalli.  He was just so adorable in his geekiness.  He wore that he wanted to wear and did what he wanted to do and he didn't care what anyone else thought about that.  I so wish I could be that way now even at my age.





9. Newest favorite character.


I have to say Molly from The Upside of Unrequited Love by Becky Albertalli, I can relate to her I was an overweight teenager as well so I  understand what she was going through.



10. Book that made you cry.


Wonder by R. J. Palacio because of how mean people can be and because of how wonderful so people (real friends and family) can be.



11. Book that made you happy.


Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson,  This book really did make me happy.  I loved reading about her live growing up and I could relate to many of the pop culture things she mentioned because I can remember them from my childhood.  This book brought back many happy memories for me.  Since I am a white woman and will never be able to understand what it was like for her growing up but I did relate to the pop culture aspect of the book.


12. Favorite book to film adaptation you saw this year. 


I cant choose between Everything Everything and Before I Fall.  I enjoyed both adaptions and cant chose one that I enjoyed more than the other.



13. Favorite review you've written this year. (Booktube version: Favourite video you have done so far in this year)


Don't have a favorite one, I have not done many and I don't think any of them are great, just doing this for my enjoyment.

14. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)


Caraval by Stephanie Garber, it has such a beautiful dust cover!
just look how pretty it is lol


15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


omg there are soooooooooooooooooooooo many: (not gonna add the pics because there are so many)


  • Fate of the Tearling by Ericka Johansen (I am almost finished with this yay!!)
  • Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses for Sarah J Maas
  • Uprooted by Naomi Novik
  • Salt of the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
  • A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir
  • (maybe) The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
  • Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
  • Windwitch by Susan Dennard

So no I have to read these books before the end of the year because I have posted it here!!  I can be really bad about finishing series.

I hope you enjoyed this and thank you for reading my blog!

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have not been posting here much, life has just been difficult for me this last year.  I am hoping that someone who reads this will answer ...